OnlineU in the News
As a driver of the college affordability and value conversation, OnlineU (previously Guide to Online Schools) has been featured in many national and local media outlets, including Forbes, College Confidential, and 425 Business Magazine. Since releasing our first online college rankings in 2009, OnlineU has also been recognized by over 475 colleges as a leader in the online higher education space.
Featured Media Attention
Our press team loves working with journalists across the country to share insights on the higher education space. If you’re a member of the media and would like to speak with us, or get a quote from our CEO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BUSINESS INSIDER, 11 top online colleges where graduates can earn more than $90,000 a year (May Teng: September 3, 2020)
- COLLEGE CONFIDENTIAL, New Rankings List the Best Colleges in Five Categories (Dave Berry: July 9, 2020)
- FORBES, You Have Been Accepted to College for the Fall. Should You Go? (Lucie Lapovsky: May 31, 2020)
- 425 BUSINESS MAGAZINE, Optimal Helps College Decision-Making Process (Corinne Whiting: June 24, 2020)
College Media Attention
OnlineU ranks thousands of colleges annually across degree levels, subject areas, and locations. Our rankings recognize colleges that are going above and beyond to create online programs that deliver the best value for students. We are always happy to hear from schools that are proud to be included on our ranking lists. We hope our rankings serve as encouragement for colleges to continue improving their online programs.
“The (history) department is delighted by this honor, especially as the online track is only five years old,” - University of Massachusetts - Boston
“It’s nice to be recognized nationally for providing nurses the opportunity to advance their degree,” - California State University - Stanislaus
- Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech online master’s in political science program earns national recognition (July 2020)
- Boise State University, Boise State’s Public Relations Online program ranked top in the nation – twice (May 2020)
- Columbia University, Civil Engineering Online Masters ranked #1 in 2020 (April 2020)
- Eastern Michigan University, Eastern Michigan University online master’s program in educational leadership – K-12 administration ranked among the best the country (April 2020)
- The University of New Orleans, UNO’s Philosophy Program Recognized (April 2020)
- University of Florida, Online APK Master’s Program Takes Top Ranking; Two Programs in Top 15 for Affordability (March 2020)
Local News Media Attention
- West Kentucky Star, WKCTC Ranked Second Best Online College in KY (June 2020)
- The Cullman Times, Wallace State ranked Best Online Community College in Alabama in 2020; 16th in nation (June 2020)
- Northwest Indiana Business Magazine, Guide ranks IU Northwest’s online bachelor’s nursing program second in nation for value (April 2020)
- The Modesto Bee, Names of Note: Online nursing program at Stan State tops national ranking (April 2020)
- Times News, UT, Milligan, King and WGU among state's best online colleges (November 2019)
Our Recent Press Releases
- Optimal’s Guide to Online Schools Spotlights Affordable Community Colleges with Online Degrees for Uncertain Students (May 21, 2020)
- Optimal Publishes Online Degrees with the Best Return on Investment by Major (March 10, 2020)
- SR Education Group Releases its 10th Annual Best Online Colleges in the Nation (October 1, 2019)
If you would like a free, high quality version of any of our badges, please send a request to email@example.com.