Western Carolina University Rankings
- #52020 Best Online Master's Sports Management DegreesTuition: $11,350 | Alumni Salary: $101,800
- #72020 Best Online Bachelor's Degrees in North CarolinaTuition: $1,616 | Alumni Salary: $65,900
- #112020 Best Online Master's Project Management DegreesTuition: $15,209 | Alumni Salary: $101,800
- #252020 Best Online Master's Healthcare Management DegreesTuition: $24,971 | Alumni Salary: $100,053
What Students Say
The Bachelor os Science in Emergency Medical Care at Western Carolina University is one of the top in the Nation. It accommodates both traditional and distance learning students and meets accreditation standards. It was the first such program in the nation... Read More
Non-profit schools are the ticket. A great education at an affordable price at a state supported regionally accredited institution, what a deal. The annual tuition rate is wrong on this site however. 1 credit hour is only $134.00 so you can do the math.... Read More
The Emergency Management program has 9 required classes (27 credit hours) in the program. You do have to take 30 credit hours of upper level classes at WCU so you may have to take a couple extra because EDM 250 is a lower level class and doesn't count toward this requirement. So by taking the required classes you end up with 24 upper level hours so then you make up the other 6 hours with 2 upper level EDM electives.
The remaining 87 credit hours of general education and electives classes can be taken at a community college and transferred in at an even lower cost. So you can really get the degree and only spend around $4400 for it at WCU, of course that doesn't count the community college cost. This is what I have done and its worked great.
The on-line program has been well-structured to assist professional educators further their education, increase their resources and fine-tune their skills. The program makes it as doable as possible to work full-time while furthering one's education.
Online Degrees at Western Carolina University
Filter Degrees by Teaching Programs
- Master of Arts in Education - Special Education - Gifted Creative and Innovative Education (K-12)
- Master of Arts in Education (MAEd)
- Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) - Middle Grades Education - Mathematics Track
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Special Education - Adapted Curriculum (K-12)
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Special Education - General Curriculum (K-12)
- Master of Arts in Teaching - Special Education (K-12)
- Alternative Licensure in K-12 Special Education - General Curriculum
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages