Best Online Schools for Students with Disabilities
These schools are the most disability-friendly online colleges of 2019. These schools earned this designation because of their commitment to making online programs accessible through Universal Design for Learning (UDL) training and compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). These schools also have at least five percent of the student body made up of students with documented disabilities. Because disabilities can take many forms and impact individuals differently, we've separated our disability-friendly schools into three different lists:
Best Online Colleges for Students With Learning Disabilities (36)
Best Online Colleges for Students With Auditory Disabilities (30)
Best Online Colleges for Students With Visual Disabilities (38)
- Academic Accommodations. University of Connecticut. Accessed January 23, 2017. http://csd.uconn.edu/academic-accommodations/.
- Accommodative Disability Services. SUNY College of Technology at Canton. Accessed January 27, 2017. http://www.canton.edu/accommodative_services/
- Disability Accommodations. Stanford University. Accessed January 24, 2017. https://continuingstudies.stanford.edu/policies/policies-disability-accommodations.
- Disability Resources Center. Carnegie Mellon University. Accessed April 18, 2017. http://www.cmu.edu/education-office/disability-resources/.
- Disability Services. Bristol Community College. Accessed February 5, 2018. http://www.bristolcc.edu/studentlife/services/disabilityservices/.
- Disability Services Office. Rochester Institute of Technology. Accessed April 18, 2017. https://www.rit.edu/studentaffairs/disabilityservices/.
- Disability Support Services. Rochester Community and Technical College. Accessed April 18, 2017. https://www.rctc.edu/services/academic-support-center/disability-support-services.
- Disabled Student Programs and Services. Santa Barbara City College. Accessed February 6, 2017. http://www.sbcc.edu/dsps/.
- FAQ's: ATI and UDL-Related Questions. Humboldt State University. Accessed January 24, 2017. http://www2.humboldt.edu/disability/fac-faqs-ati-udl.
- Montana Accessibility Interest Group. University of Montana. Accessed January 23, 2017. http://www.umt.edu/accessibility_group/.
- Programs. UConn eCampus. Accessed January 23, 2017. http://ecampus.uconn.edu/programs.html.
- Services Available - Introduction. Humboldt State University. Accessed January 24, 2017. http://www2.humboldt.edu/disability/servicesavailable.
- Stanford University Online Accessibility Policy. Stanford University. Accessed January 24, 2017. https://ucomm.stanford.edu/policies/accessibility-policy/.
- Student Disability Services. Texas Tech University. Accessed February 5, 2017. http://www.depts.ttu.edu/sds/.
- Students with Disabilities. Texas State University. Accessed January 23, 2017. http://www.distancelearning.txstate.edu/students/disability-services.html.
- UMOnline Accessibility Workshops. University of Montana. Accessed January 23, 2017. http://umonline.umt.edu/accessibility/umonline-accessibility-workshops.php.
- Web Accessibility. University of Louisiana-Lafayette. Accessed January 24, 2017. http://louisiana.edu/node/1954.
- Web Accessibility at Stanford. Stanford University. Accessed January 24, 2017. https://diversityandaccess.stanford.edu/disability-access/web-accessibility-stanford.