Salary Score for Online Degrees at Ohio Christian University
|Business Administration, Management and Operations||$24,313||$34,234||74|
|Human Services, General||$24,750||$27,220||56|
|Religion/Religious Studies||Not Reported||$34,222||86|
|Business Administration, Management and Operations||Not Reported||$43,911||59|
|Mental and Social Health Services and Allied Professions||$35,965||$33,657||57|
|Health and Medical Administrative Services||Not Reported||$40,378||53|
|Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities||$20,500||$30,372||39|
|Homeland Security||Not Reported||$29,786||19|
|Theology and Religious Vocations, Other||Not Reported||$46,716||89|
|Pastoral Counseling and Specialized Ministries||Not Reported||$38,188||53|
|Business Administration, Management and Operations||$30,750||$53,627||21|
FAQs About Ohio Christian University
Is Ohio Christian University Online?
Many popular online schools offer different ways students can complete a degree. OCU features both online and on-campus degrees in Circleville, Ohio. Some degrees, such as those in the field of education, can only be taken in person, while business degrees can only be taken online.
According to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), 79% of undergraduate students are enrolled in exclusively online courses, leaving only 21% that study on-site.
Is Ohio Christian University Legitimate?
It's best to look at a school's accreditation status when deciding whether it's legitimate. As a trusted source for online degree rankings, OnlineU only features accredited schools. Students attending accredited schools can rest assured that their degrees and instructors have been vetted to meet the standards of third-party accrediting agencies. OCU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Additionally, it's accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
What Is Ohio Christian University Known For?
OCU is first and foremost known for its commitment as a Christian school. Its academics and student development programs are Christ-centered, allowing students to cultivate their faith. Online students can pursue certificates, associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees in biblical and theological studies, ministry, and global missions. Additionally, all OCU undergraduates are required to take nine credits of religion and spiritual formation courses — including Biblical Literature, Theology, or Religion; Old Testament Literature; and New Testament Literature.
Which Degrees at OCU Provide the Highest Earnings for Graduates?
The degree that earns students the highest salary at OCU is its Bachelor of Arts in Business. In the three years after graduating this program, students can expect to earn a median annual salary of around $44,300 based on College Scorecard data. This degree can be earned on campus or 100% online in a five-week course format. Concentrations include Accounting, Criminal Justice, and Emergency Management, among others.
Additional health-related programs are also on the list of the highest paid degrees, such as the online Bachelor of Arts in Business - Healthcare Management and Bachelor of Arts in Human Services. After graduating, students can earn approximately $39,000 and $32,100, respectively.
Please note that College Scorecard actually lists its nursing program as the highest paid degree. However, all of OCU's nursing programs have been suspended.
OnlineU's Salary Score is a proprietary metric to compare alumni salaries between the same degree at different institutions. OCU scores 51 for bachelor's degrees and 39 for master's degrees.
How Difficult Is It To Get Into OCU?
OCU has an open admissions policy. This means that 100% of applicants are accepted as long as they meet the school's requirements. For example, students pursuing an associate degree only need to present a high school diploma or GED to get in. Adult learners may find OCU even easier to get into because all applicants are required to submit college entrance exam scores unless it's been five or more years since they graduated high school.
What Are the Admission Requirements for OCU?
The admissions requirements for students differ depending on what level of education they are applying to college for. For first-year bachelor's students this means having a 2.0 GPA in high school and holding at least 50 semester credits from an accredited university, trade school, or community college. Graduate ministry students need to provide documents and reference forms related to their faith.
Below are the steps to apply:
- Submit an online application with basic personal and educational information.
- Send high school or college transcripts directly to OCU's AGS program. This can be done through email, fax, or postal mail.
- Pay the $30 application fee.