Our 2020 Best Online Christian Colleges were ranked solely by acceptance rate, from lowest to highest.
To be considered for our 2020 Online Christian Colleges, schools needed to meet the following requirements:
- Christian religious affiliation reported to the National Center for Education Statistics
- Accreditation by a regional or national accreditation agency
- Offers at least one online bachelor's degree
Tuitions were manually researched. Out-of-state tuitions were used unless in-state tuition is offered to all online students.
Fully Online Status
Schools with programs that require some on-campus coursework were still considered for our rankings if the amount of in-person work was limited to two weeks or less of in-person requirements. This allows students to retain their current employment or other personal responsibilities.
Program data including available degrees, tuition rates, and details about program coursework were collected from official school websites, reflecting data for the 2019-2020 school year.
Religious affiliation information and acceptance rates were collected from the National Center for Education Statistics. The NCES is the primary governmental entity for gathering and presenting data related to education. The NCES data is updated annually as soon as it becomes available. The NCES does not release data into downloadable formats until it has been approved, so the most currently available data will not be for the most recent academic year.
Below is a list of all Christian religious affiliations recorded by the NCES.
- American Baptist
- Assemblies of God Church
- Brethren Church
- Christ and Missionary Alliance Church
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Christian Churches and Churches of Christ
- Church of Brethren
- Church of God
- Church of the Nazarene
- Churches of Christ
- Cumberland Presbyterian
- Episcopal Church, Reformed
- Evangelical Covenant Church of America
- Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Free Methodist
- Free Will Baptist Church
- Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
- Lutheran Church in America
- Mennonite Brethren Church
- Mennonite Church
- Missionary Church Inc
- Original Free Will Baptist
- Other Protestant
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Roman Catholic
- Seventh Day Adventists
- Southern Baptist
- United Brethren Church
- United Church of Christ
- United Methodist
- Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod