2020 Best Online Master's in Aerospace Engineering Programs
This list highlights the 24 best value colleges offering online master's programs in aerospace engineering. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University is ranked #1, offering a Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering (Non-Thesis Option) for $29,559 per year. Graduates of the school reported a median salary of $153,600. In the #2 spot, the University of Illinois Urbana - Champaign offers a Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering for only $17,344 per year, making it an affordable choice for distance learners who are looking for a high quality and affordable education.
2020 Online Colleges Offering Aerospace Engineering Degrees - Ranking Details
Overview of an Online Master's in Aerospace Engineering
Online master's degree programs in aerospace engineering are more commonly available than online programs at the undergraduate level. A master's degree in this field may be an appropriate option for someone who has an undergraduate degree in math, science, or engineering related subject, and who wants to gain knowledge and experience in the field of aerospace engineering to make a career shift. A master's degree program may also be appropriate for current aerospace engineering professionals who wish to obtain advanced education for career advancement.
Courses that master's-level students take include Aircraft Structural Dynamics, Structural Health Monitoring, Aeroelasticity, and Engineering Analysis. Students may have the option to specialize in a particular area, such as aerospace control, aerospace structures, or fluid mechanics. For admission to a graduate-level aerospace engineering program, an applicant must have an undergraduate degree in a related field or a field that gives sufficient background knowledge to facilitate learning of advanced engineering topics. Applicants also may be asked to submit a statement of purpose, a resume, and letters of recommendation.
- Accreditation. Accreditation. Accessed January 5, 2017. http://www.abet.org/accreditation/.
- Advanced Structures and Failure Analysis Graduate Certificate. Stanford Center for Professional Development. Accessed January 5, 2017. http://scpd.stanford.edu/public/category/courseCategoryCertificateProfile.do?method=load&certificateId=6480466.
- Aerospace Engineering Prerequisite Courses for the Major Associate in Arts. Seminole State College of Florida. Accessed January 5, 2017. https://www.seminolestate.edu/engineering/degrees/eng-aero.
- Aerospace Engineer. The Princeton Review. Accessed January 16, 2017. https://www.princetonreview.com/careers/5/aerospace-engineer
- Graduate Certificate in Astronautical Engineering. USC Viterbi. Accessed January 5, 2017. https://gapp.usc.edu/graduate-programs/masters/astronautical-engineering/astronautical-grad-cert.
- Guidance and Control Graduate Certificate. Stanford Center for Professional Development. Accessed January 5, 2017. http://scpd.stanford.edu/public/category/courseCategoryCertificateProfile.do?method=load&certificateId=1211168.
- Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Accessed January 5, 2017. http://erau.edu/degrees/master/aerospace-engineering/#ww-campus.
- Department of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering. USC Viterbi. Accessed October 2018. https://ame.usc.edu/academics/.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Aerospace Engineers. Bureau of Labor Statistics of the United States of America. Accessed January 9, 2017. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/aerospace-engineers.htm#tab-2.
- Online MS in Aerospace Engineering. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Accessed January 5, 2017. https://aerospace.illinois.edu/academics/graduate/online-ms-aerospace-engineering.
- Tuition and Fees. Engineering at Illinois. Accessed January 5, 2017. http://engineering.illinois.edu/online/tuition-and-fees/.
- Tuition Costs. UND Aerospace. Accessed January 5, 2017. http://aerospacephd.und.edu/tuition-costs.aspx.
- Tuition Table. University of Texas at Austin. Accessed January 5, 2017. http://catalog.utexas.edu/general-information/registration-tuition-and-fees/tuition-and-fees/tables-tuition-for-fall-and-spring/.
- Tuition. USC Viterbi. Accessed January 5, 2017. https://gapp.usc.edu/graduate-programs/graduate-funding/masters/tuition.